WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are files sent to a browser, through a Web server, to record the User’s navigation on the web page, when the user allows their reception.
The second paragraph of article 22 of Law 34/2002, of July 11, on services of the information society and electronic commerce (hereinafter, LSSI), in relation to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the Parliament European and Council, of April 27, 2016, General Data Protection (hereinafter, RGPD) and Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, Data Protection and guarantee of digital rights (hereinafter, LOPDGDD) establishes that service providers may use data storage and recovery devices in terminal equipment of the recipients, provided that they have given their consent after they have been provided with clear and complete information on their use, in In particular, on the purposes of data processing, in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection regulations.
When technically possible and effective, the consent of the recipient to accept the processing of the data may be provided by using the appropriate parameters of the browser or other applications.
The foregoing shall not prevent the possible storage or access of a technical nature for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network or, insofar as it is strictly necessary, for the provision of an information society service. expressly requested by the recipient.
The RGPD, in its recital 30, mentions these technologies and their impact on data protection, indicating that individuals can be associated with online identifiers provided by their devices, applications, tools and protocols, such as internet protocol addresses. , session identifiers in the form of “cookies” or other identifiers, such as radio frequency identification tags. This can leave traces that, in particular, when combined with unique identifiers and other data received by the servers, can be used to create profiles of natural persons and identify them.
In compliance with the established regulations, below we indicate the information regarding the “cookies” used.
This website uses its own and third-party cookies to collect information in order to improve our services, to show you advertising related to your preferences, as well as to analyze your browsing habits. If you continue browsing, you accept their installation. The user has the possibility of configuring his browser, being able, if he so wishes, to prevent them from being installed on his hard drive, although he must bear in mind that such action may cause difficulties in navigating the website.
Thanks to cookies, it is possible that the browser of the computer used by the user can be recognized in order to provide content and offer the user’s browsing or advertising preferences, as well as to measure visits and traffic parameters and monitor progress. and number of entries.
Likewise, BATTLE4RUN S.L. informs the user that they have the possibility of configuring their browser so that they are informed of the receipt of cookies, being able, if they wish, to prevent them from being installed on their hard drive.
Next, we provide you with the links of various browsers, through which you can make said configuration:
– Firefox from here: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
– Chrome from here: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
– Explorer from here: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
– Safari from here: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph17191?locale=es_ES
– Opera from here: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html ”
Because they are important?
From a technical point of view, they allow websites to function more agile and adapted to user preferences, such as storing the language, the currency of the country or detecting the access device.
They establish levels of protection and security that prevent or hinder cyberattacks against the website or its users.
They allow media managers to know statistical data collected in Cookies to improve the quality and experience of their services.
They serve to optimize the advertising that we show to users, offering the one that best suits their interests.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Depending on who is the entity that manages the computer or domain from which the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, we can distinguish:
- Own cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies. In the event that cookies are served from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies if the third party uses them for its own purposes. (for example, the improvement of the services it provides or the provision of advertising services in favor of other entities). Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through the ‘cookies’ are processed, the website may use:
- Technical cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, including those that the editor uses to allow the management and operation of the website and enable its functions and services
- Preference or personalization cookies: these are those that allow the user to remember information so that the user accesses the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to be displayed when the The user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which he accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: these are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impacts of the advertisements. The information collected through these types of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: are those that store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Depending on the expiration, the Cookies used may have the following types of expiration:
- Session cookies: are those designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased) and disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: are those in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years. This website uses both temporary session cookies and permanent cookies.
In some cases, if any of these cookies are disabled, you will not be able to correctly receive our content and services. At other times, the website may continue to function. In any case, we wish to inform you that the information captured by these cookies on the use of our website and on the success of the advertisements displayed on it allows us to improve our services and obtain income that allows us to offer you many content in a less expensive way.
There are no data transfers to third countries
Cookies are not used for profiling
ACCEPTANCE OF COOKIES
We appreciate that you consent to the acceptance of cookies, this helps us to obtain more accurate data that allows us to improve the content and design of our website and applications to adapt them to your preferences.
UPDATES AND CHANGES IN THE COOKIES POLICY